Action plans are a powerful tool for automating user actions within Jethro.
A system administrator defines an action plan containing various actions.
When a user executes the plan for a certain person/family, Jethro automatically performs all those actions on that person or the members of the family.
Defining Action Plans
To define an action plan, choose "Admin > Action Plans" from the top menu.
When the action plans page loads, click on "add new plan".
You can now configure your plan to perform several actions when it is activated
- Notes: Notes can be added with various assignees and statuses. They can also be given an action date of a certain number of days in the future. For example you might want your action plan to create one note for a task you want performed immediately, and another note for a followup task to be performed 3 weeks later.
- Groups: The action plan can add people to groups and remove them from groups. For example if you have an action plan that you run after people attend a welcome lunch, it could remove people from the "invite to welcome lunch" group and add them to the "invite to membership course" group.
- Dates: The action plan can set the value of a date field for the relevant person. For example if you have an action plan that you run after people attend child protection training, it might set the value of the "last child protection training" date field.
When a plan is executed, the user is prompted for the reference date. The action plan then uses this reference date for populating date fields, and for calculating the action dates of new notes. This is useful, for example, if the action plan relates to a wedding. The user can set the reference date to the date of the wedding, and the action plan can then set a date field accordingly, and schedule notes for various preparation tasks 1 month, 2 months, 3 months in advance.
Executing Action Plans
Action plans can be executed from various places in Jethro.
- When a new family is added, the user can tick a checkbox to execute action plans on the members of the new family.
- When a new person is added to an existing family, the user can tick a checkbox to execute action plans on the new person.
- When viewing an individual person, the user can execute a plan on that person
- When persons are listed with checkboxes, for example in the results of a report, the user can tick one or more persons and activate a plan on those persons using the bulk actions tool at the bottom.
A plan can be configured to run by default for all new families and/or new persons.